9225 Supervisors, Fabric, Fur and Leather Products Manufacturing
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Sewing Machine Operators
(9451), Fabric, Fur and Leather Cutters
(9452), Hide and Pelt Processing Workers
(9453) and Inspectors and Testers, Fabric, Fur and Leather Products Manufacturing
(9454). They are employed by clothing and textile manufacturers, tanneries and other manufacturers of fabric products.
View all titles
- boot and shoe foreman/woman
- canvas products manufacturing foreman/woman
- cutting department foreman/woman, fabric
- embroidery supervisor – fabric products
- fur dressing foreman/woman
- hat and cap makers foreman/woman
- sample room foreman/woman, leather products
- sewing machine operators supervisor
- stitching department supervisor
- tannery foreman/woman
Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who cut or stitch fabric, fur or leather garments and other products in the manufacturing process
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other units
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Several years of experience as a worker in the unit group being supervised are required.
- There is little mobility among the various types of supervisors in this group.
- Supervisors, Textile Processing
- Tailors, Dressmakers, Furriers and Milliners